A graphical Package Manager and Admin Tool
for FreeBSD and GhostBSD
After switching from openSUSE Leap to GhostBSD I try to make my BSD-Life more comfortable.
I started to work on a GUI for Package Management and simple Administration tasks. The functionality of the Package Manager is quit similar to GhostBSD's Softwarestation but it's faster.
- search packages
- display packages in categories
- install, remove, lock and unlock single and multiple packages
- select language (english or german)
- select os (FreeBSD or GhostBSD)
- select fonts for the application
- insert, edit and remove fields and values
Administration of services
- list active services
- start, stop and restart selected services
- display network settings
- configure LAN and WLAN connections
- show wlan access points
User and Group administration
- list, create, edit and remove users and groups
Update ManagerWhen BSD Admin detects that you work on FreeBSD an additional menu "Update Manager" will be displayed. With Update Manager you can:
- Install updates of softwarepackages (pkg upgrade)
- Update the FreeBSD kernel (freebsd-update)
- Manage bootenvironments (create, delete, rename, activate BE's)
On GhostBSD you should use Update-Station and Backup-Station for these tasks!!
Download BSD Admin
Download and Installation1. Download the tar-archive and extract it in a directory of your choice
2. Run the shellscript "setup_bsdadmin.sh". It installs all packages needed to run BSD Admin
3. Start bsd_admin.tcl from a terminal
FreeBSD Users: sudo has to be installed and configured for BSD Admin
LicenseThis program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.